Cookies are small text files sent by a web server and stored on your device (computer, laptop, smartphone, tablet, etc.). Cookie properties allow only the server that created them to read the information they contain. The Podlaskie Voivodeship Marshal’s Office, as the entity placing cookie files on the website users’ terminal equipment and accessing them, uses them for the following purposes:
- adjusting the content of the Website pages to user preferences and optimising the use of websites; in particular, these files enable recognition of the website users’ device and appropriate display of the website, adjusted to individual needs;
- creating statistics which help to understand how users of the website use its pages, which makes it possible to improve their structure and content;
- maintaining the website’s user’s session (after logging in), thanks to which the user does not have to re-enter the login and password on each page of the website.
Two types of cookies are commonly used – session cookies and persistent cookies. Session cookies are temporary files that remain on your device until you log out of the website or close your browser. Permanent cookies remain in the memory of the user’s device for the time specified in their parameters or until they are manually deleted.
The investinpodlaskie.pl website uses the following types of cookies:
- “essential” cookies to enable the use of the services available on the Website, e.g., authentication cookies used for services requiring authentication on the website;
- cookies used to ensure security, e.g., used to detect misuse of authentication on the website’s pages;
- “Performance” cookies, enabling the collection of information on how the websites of the Services are used;
- “functional” cookies, which allow “remembering” the user’s selected settings and personalizing the user’s interface, e.g., with regard to the chosen language or region of origin of the user, the font size, the appearance of the website, etc.
Pursuant to Article 13(1) and (2) of Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data, and repealing Directive 95/46/EC (GDPR), Podlaskie Voivodeship Marshal’s Office informs that it processes data concerning IP addresses of the computers user’s use while browsing the investinpodlaskie.pl website.
The controller of this data is Podlaskie Voivodeship represented by the Marshal and the Board of Podlaskie Voivodeship, based at ul. Kardynała Stefana Wyszyńskiego 1, 15-888 Białystok, tel. +48 (85) 66 54 549, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. Contact information to the Data Protection Officer: email@example.com. The purpose of processing the IP address is statistical analysis of website traffic and interest in published content. This data will be stored for a maximum of 5 years.